Thursday, March 31, 2016

A little bit more

I'm going to try to post at least once a week or more. It's been busy at the farm since my first post.  Fluffy Girl had her 9th birthday, Easter, and a few other things kept us hopping! I'll probably break them into a few different posts.

We had some leading lessons the other day featuring 2 of the future show girls. These are 2 of the 4 yearlings we will be showing.
 This is Dolly. She's a nice single ewe lamb from a first timer. 
 This is Loretta. She's half of a set of twin ewes from an older ewe. 

Leading lessons went even better than I had hoped. They just need a bit more confidence.  In 4H you can only show lambs or yearlings.  Shetland sheep show in halter.  
 Meet Shelby. She's our collie who did her best to help but really want much.  LOL! Shelby enjoys kissing sheep.  I would like to test her with a group to see how much instinct she actually has.  I hope to give this a try once we get our fence finished to be able to pasture the sheep rather than pens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment