Sunday, August 7, 2016

Baby proofing

Baby chickens that is.  As you know, in the spring I let a hen hatch out 3 pochin chicks. Unfortunately they managed to find a hole that had been torn in the netting previously surrounding my chicken pen to prevent younger chicks from getting out.  My barn cats quickly decided that since these where not in the pen they were fair game for dinner during hunting lessons. 


In the last 2 weeks i had both my black pochin & black polish decide to sit. So it was time to re-baby proof the pen. 


This time with some good chicken wire zip tied along the fence & stapled into the house.  Hopefully this will keep the future hatch safe. I'm pretty hopeful about this hatch of mostly pochins as i plan on  keeping them for replacement layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment