Sunday, June 5, 2016

Another New And A New Harecut

 Meet Cocoa. She was found in town running loose. So we took her in.  My hopes are that she's a young rabbit & will get full size to use in a meat rabbit program. Our best guess is that she was an Easter present. 

 Here's Miss Elizabeth with a mostly done haircut. Feeling better already! 
 Woo Hoo! My stock racks are done! Camo Dad had these made for me in trade for an old stock trailer that needed repairs.  We decided that racks would suit our needs better than a trailer.

 I didn't get pictures of the whole process, but mama cat, Ruby brought up a frog today.  She waited until the kittens were interested then let him go.  After he got away from the littles, she caught him & brought him back to them.  This occured a couple times until he stayed caught. Pictured is the girl that's a copy of Ruby. This may sound mean, but this is how kittens learn to hunt.  Ruby is a great hunter & I will be keeping the other girl for an additional farm cat.  I have/had another cat but I'm pretty sure she has another family on the side.  LOL! She comes & goes & we really need another hunter on the farm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment