Sunday, May 1, 2016

So it's been a busy week & not busy at the same time, believe it or not. It rained pretty well everyday so when it wasn't raining it was to wet to get anything done outside.  
 I decided before the rains started to give up the roo'ing on Loretta.  I did some more research & decided she wasn't loose enough.  So i started scissor shearing her.  Here's a mostly done picture. She feels much better now! Unfortunately, due to the rain I haven't been able to do anymore shearing of any kind.  Before you shear you want your sheep absolutely dry so you don't end up with a musty fleece. 


Here's a couple shots of Kenny.  He's just so nice & nice looking. 

I spent Saturday with a friend at the Missouri Spin-In, held in Chilicothe.  I took a picture of my loot! I bought some bamboo & firestar to mix into some batts. We also took a class on continuous strand weaving where we made a cotton washcloth, also pictured.  I enjoyed it & i think I'm going to ask for a small loom for my birthday or Christmas. It was a struggle but i managed NOT to buy any more fiber! 


However I did get a start on spinning the fiber above that I purchased last year at the spin-in.  LOL. Yes, even raising my own sometimes you see a new breed & color that you just have to get!  This is a neat green & pink that I thought would make a pretty something for Fluffy Girl eventually.  It's wool from a Polworth sheep that I bought from T&H fiber works. 

  Before I could start that I finished up this skein of shetland that I had started. It's from a ewe that I lost last year & she was my favorite at the time. Her name was Beauty & I decided to use at least some of her fleece for a special project.  I'll tell you more another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment